Illinois Central College Peoria, IL
Digital Content Coordinator 2020 – present
- Manage all official social media accounts, including content planning, copy writing, graphics creation and account administration. Focus on growing account engagement, following and reach through campaigns, targeted content and social listening. Also manage all paid social media ads and campaigns with the goal to increase reach, impressions and ultimately enrollment.
- Oversee the college’s photography efforts including photo-shoots, photo editing and photo library organization on Photoshelter. Manage photography freelancers including oversight and direction. Skilled in a variety of photography styles. Personal content includes photos shown on the website, social media and all other marketing materials.
- Oversee the college’s video efforts through creative planning, shoots, scripts, video editing and the management of video freelancers. Created content includes interviews, shorts, tours, and drone videos.
- Utilize digital media/marketing/SEO trends and strategies to maximize engagement and traffic on social media and the website.
- Oversee the college’s livestreams, webinars, ZOOM-events, and other virtual events.
- Assist with planning, media and the setup of press conferences, college events, and campus visits.
- Provide social media training to faculty and staff around the college.
- Successes of note include:
- Received two awards for ICC-created content: The Helpful Video Series and the 2020 ICC Virtual Commencement Ceremony.
- Created the ICC Social Media Ambassador Program for ICC students to help develop social media / enrollment content and increase student involvement. Serve as the manager for the students in this program.
- Created new Social Media Procedure, Press Conference Procedure, and Press Release Procedure.
- Provided social media content assistance for state-wide initiatives such as the Workforce Equity Initiative and the Good Jobs Award Grant. Work product earned positive reviews from Governor J.B. Pritzker and Representative Jehan Gordon-Booth.
Media Literacy Consultant St. Louis, MO and Peoria, IL
Freelance Consultant 2016 – Present
- Occasional speaker at ICC and guest speaker on several St. Louis news shows and local events regarding media literacy.
- Wrote a thesis on Fake News and Media Literacy that garnered local media attention and acclaim.
Jord Watches/Agility Marketing Agency St. Louis, MO
Influencer Marketing Strategist / Team Lead 2018 – 2019
- Developed and managed new marketing strategies to promote Jord watches, including assisting in the implementation and oversight of social media accounts, campaigns and promotional events.
- Identified and engaged quality content creators and influencers; utilized digital media/marketing/SEO data and trends to maximize engagement of social media posts, website traffic and promotional campaigns.
- Helped develop content, including product descriptions, campaign scripts, and blogs.
- Promoted to Team Lead after six months as a Marketing Strategist.
Other Media Positions 2013-2017
- Several part-time media-focused positions while in both undergraduate and graduate school. Handled marketing, social media administration, campaign and project management and content creation duties for both for-profit and non-profit organizations.
Webster University Webster Groves, MO
Master’s Degree — Media Literacy and Communications 2017
- GPA 4.0/4.0; Graduated with high academic honors
Bachelor of Arts Degree — Media Communications; Minor in History 2015
- GPA 3.7/4.0; Dean’s List; Tau Sigma National Honor Society
Skills & Experience
- Software: Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere), Final Cut, Hootsuite, Sprout, Canva, HTML, MailChimp, Audacity, Google Suite, Google AdWords, Zoom, Otter.Ai, Facebook Ads Manager, Google Ads, Google Analytics, WordPress, Prezi, AdSense.
- Skills: Media Literacy, Marketing and Media Communications, Marketing and Media Research, Journalism, Copywriting, Influencer Management, Press Conferences, Content Writing SEO, Social Media Management, Content Creation, Campaign and Project Management, Photography, Videography, Film and Audio Editing, Community Engagement.
- Certificates: Missouri and Illinois Substitute Teaching License; Substitute Teacher in St. Louis and Peoria (2015 – 2020).